Service Leaver Claiming ELC

These guidance notes are for claimants who are no longer in service. Personnel who are still in Service, and/or in their resettlement phase, should refer to their Education Staff and the guidance on the Serving Personnel Claiming page.

Please ensure you read the essential funding guide before submitting a claim to your Single Service Representative. 

Once eligible to claim you may submit a claim up to five years (if you left on/after 1st April 2016) or up to ten years (if you left before 1st April 2016) after you leave the service.  Please read JSP 822 for the expiration date of your claims particularly in respect of those service leavers who were medically discharged.

You can only make one claim per financial year (1st April to 31st March), however if you have served between 6 and 8 years you may be eligible to aggregate all three claims together subject to meeting the qualifying criteria outlined in JSP 822.  If you are claiming in the last year of scheme eligibility, study must commence before scheme expiry date.

As a Service Leaver you may be eligible to claim under the Joint Funding Initiative (PF FE/HE Scheme). For full details and to check the eligibility rules please click here.

Procedure for Claimants No Longer in Service

Please note that the following information must be submitted with your electronic claim (Paper claims by authorised exception) to your Single Service Representative a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date/registration date:

  • Evidence of your last day of Service (copy of your discharge document or P45)
  • A copy of a utility bill showing your home address.

    Remember! If you are submitting your second or third claim you must complete your previous claim evaluation form found in your Member's Area.  

    To access the Member's Area from the link below you MUST obtain a Login and Password from your Single Service Representative.  ELCAS are unable to authorise accounts.


    Single Service Representatives (SSR) Contact Details

    If you have been unable to find the answer to your query on this website please contact your SSR below providing your service number and discharge date.


    The contact details below are for OUT OF SERVICE claimants only
    West of England:
    North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland:

    ELC Policy and Provider Invoicing Enquiries:


    Learning Credit Scheme (LCS) Manager
    Education Branch Zone 4, Floor 2, Army Personnel Services Group, Home Command
    Ramillies Building, Army HQ
    Monxton Road, Andover
    SP11 8HJ


    Any ELC Applications from personnel no longer in Service are to be made online via the ELC Members Area accessed via the link below;
    Members Logon & Password Reminder  


    Learning Credits Administrator
    Accreditation and Education Wing
    HQ 22 Gp
    Room 221B
    Trenchard Hall
    RAF College Cranwell
    NG34 8HB

    Skype: 03001649643
    Please contact Michael Quainton, quoting your service number, who can advise if confirmation of Service exit date/proof of Service is required. If this is required this can be requested from the RAF Disclosures team by completing the DPA SAR form (with accompanying ID documents). 

    Please do not send any correspondence via post until further notice

    Privacy Policy 

    Contact us:
    0330 0564202
    09:00 – 16:00 Mon to Fri

    Copyright © 1989 - 2024 ELCAS. All rights reserved.

    Scroll To Top