How do I make a claim?
- Firstly read the Joint Service Publication (JSP) 898 Part 4 Chapter 7 and ensure you meet the eligibility criteria
- Download the PF FE/HE claim from the 'Specific Downloads' section - only this version can be used. Any other replicated form will be rejected.
- Check the ELCAS database of approved PF FE/HE providers – Publicly Funded FE/HE providers for the purpose of this support will be highlighted and ensure the chosen course is designated for student support
- If you are a service leaver please ensure you send the required documents with your PF FE/HE claim form which can be found on the ex-service page of the website along with your SSR’s address. Click here to view this page.
- If wishing to use a new provider ensure they will be eligible to participate in this scheme (they must deliver Publicly Funded FE/HE) and ask them to apply for approved provider status as per the information on the Providers page of the ELC website.
- As with the current ELC scheme – try not to leave everything to the last minute. Allow time for any new providers to be accepted onto the scheme. Once accepted you can submit your application. Allow at least eight weeks to go through this process – more if possible. Leaving it too close to the wire may result in your application not being processed in time for the start of your course
If you have any questions with regards to the above then please discuss with your educational adviser or Single Service Representative.
CLAIMANTS PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A CLAIM FOR EACH ACADEMIC YEAR OF THE COURSE. ONLY ONE YEAR OF STUDY SHOULD BE ENTERED ONTO EACH CLAIM FORM.