Quality Assurance of Providers
As part of our process to ensure continuous improvement and consistency throughout all aspects of the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme, aspects of Learning Provider service provision will be evaluated. This process will be two-fold. Firstly, upon completion of the learning activity the Learner will submit to ELCAS an evaluation form. Secondly, we will carry out a series of evaluation visits throughout the financial year to cover a sample of 5% of the active Learning Provider organisations over this time. This sample is selected using these criteria. Should your Organisation be selected for such a visit we will contact you in advance.
WHAT SHOULD LEARNING PROVIDERS BE PREPARED TO DO?
Unsatisfactory Learning Provider performance as defined by the MOD may result in Learning Provider Approved status being revoked. As a minimum requirement Approved Learning Providers should:
- Have sufficient equipment / materials available to facilitate learning
- Provide a high quality of learning provision ELC claimants should receive the same level of service as none ELC claimants
- Encourage claimants to complete ELCAS evaluations forms which should be returned directly to ELCAS not via the Learning Provider
- Achieve at least 80% satisfaction score on every evaluation received from a claimant
- Respond fully in a timely and efficient manner to complaints, Make themselves available for pre-arranged ELCAS evaluation visits
- Act appropriately on recommendations made as a result of an ELCAS evaluation visit or MOD authorised investigation
- Adhere to the administrative, invoicing and payment term requirements of the ELC and PF FE/HE schemes as appropriate
- Be aware of the ELC and PF FE/HE scheme rules and policies as appropriate in respect of ELCAS claimants
In addition to ensuring quality provision within the Approved Supplier List ELCAS are also required to ensure there is claimant demand for those Learning Providers available. If a Learning Provider has no claiming activity logged against their claiming record for more than 12 months they will be notified that their Approved Provider status has been revoked.