Please note this page contains the guidance notes for claimants who are no longer in Service, please ensure you read the Claiming ELC only page of the website. Once eligible to claim you may submit a claim up until ten years after you leave the service. Personnel who are still in Service, and/or in their resettlement phase, should refer to their Education Staff and the guidance on the Claiming ELC only page of the website.
As a service leaver you may be eligible to claim under the Joint Funding Initiative (PF FE/HE Scheme). For full details and to check the eligibility rules please click here.
Procedure for Claimants no longer in Service
Please note that the following information must be submitted via post to your Single Service Representative (address details below) a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date/registration date:
- Fully completed claim form (section 1, 2 and 3) – provided as single-sided pages submitted via post unless residing overseas
- Evidence of your last day of Service which can be one of the following:- copy of your discharge document, copy of P45 terminating employment, document stamped by regiment confirming leaving date (see notes below)
- A copy of your driving licence or passport
- A copy of a utility bill showing your home address
- Full information about the course that you wish to undertake to include details of your registration date where applicable
- A copy of your Acknowledgment of Scheme Membership
- A letter explaining how your chosen course of study will contribute towards personal development
- Completion and submission of course evaluation form for all previous ELC funded courses
RAF Personnel can request a copy of their discharge document from the RAF Disclosures team at www.raf.mod.uk/links/contacts.cfm
Army Personnel can request details of discharge dates from the Army Personnel Centre – phone number 0845 6009663.
Remember! If you are submitting your second or third claim you must complete your previous claim evaluation form. You can do this on-line now by clicking here.
Single Service Representatives
Personnel should only contact their Single Service Representative (SSR) if they have been unable to find the answer to their query on the website and the FAQs page.
ELC Manager NTE(ER2)
Floor 3, Mailpoint 3.3
Leach Building, Whale Island
Tel: 02392 625954
Email: mailto: mailto: NAVYTRGHQ-EL3RRESETSO3C@mod.uk
ELC Manager, D Ed Cap,
Zone 4, Floor 2
Ramillies Building, Army HQ
Monxton Road, Andover
Tel : 01264 381580 or 01264 381565 Email queries to: mailto: email@example.com
The Army Single Service telephone helpline is open from, 1400 to 1700 Monday to Thursday, and 1300 to 1600 Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Please note: Due to reduced manning over the 2014 Easter period you should allow an extra 10 working days for your ELC/PF FEHE Claim to be processed by the Army Single Service Representative.
The Army Single Service Representative telephone helpline will be closed over the period 14-28 Apr 2014.
22 Trg Gp
Room 227, Trenchard Hall
Sleaford, Lincs,NG34 8HB
Tel: 01400 268183